15 Ridgewood Dr.
West Suffield, CT 06093.
Computer Science Dept., Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
Prof. Elke A. Rundensteiner, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, (Advisor)
Prof. Matthew O. Ward, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Prof. Emmanuel Agu, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
? M.S. Computer Science (May 1995)
Union College- Schenectady, NY
? B.S., Computer Science (June 1992),
State University of New York @ Geneso- Geneso, NY
· adaptive multi-route query processing
· query optimization
· online index tuning
· online resource allocation to support query preferences
I am a member of the Database Systems Research Group (DSRG) @ WPI. In addition, I am an active contributor to the Query Mesh (Adaptive Multi-Route Query Processing) and CAPE (Continuous Stream Processing Engine) projects.
· K. Works and E. A. Rundensteiner, Proactive Promotion Framework, W.P.I. Grad Day '10
· K. Works and E. A. Rundensteiner, Proactive Promotion Framework, NEDBDay '10
· K. Works and E. A. Rundensteiner, Index System for Adaptive Multi-Route Data Stream Systems, W.P.I. Grad Day '09
· K. Works and E. A. Rundensteiner, Index System for Adaptive Multi-Route Data Stream Systems, NEDBDay'09
· R. V. Nehme, K. Works and E. A. Rundensteiner, An Efficient Multi-Route Approach to Query Processing, W.P.I. Grad Day'08
· Second place: W.P.I.
Graduate Research Achievement Day 2008 Poster "An Efficient
Multi-Route Approach to Query Processing"
· Scholarship: CRA-W Grad Cohort for Women Program; March 2008
· Scholarship: Google Anita Borg Finalist; March 2008
· Honorable Mention Ford Predoctoral Fellowship 2008
· GAANN fellowship D term 2008
· GAANN fellowship A & B term 2009
· Scholarship: CRA-W Grad Cohort for Women Program; April 2009
· GAANN fellowship May- July 2010
· Scholarship: Tuition Assistance for Certificate in College Teaching Courses from W.P.I. Class of 1957; Spring 2010
· Scholarship: SIGMOD 2010 DataBase MEntoring workshop
· Scholarship: ACM-W 2010 $500 to attend SSPS 2010